MADISON, Wis.— The Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions (WFCU), in collaboration with the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU), is currently receiving applications until April 12 from Credit Union Development Educators (CUDEs) aspiring to attain the International Credit Union Development Educators (ICUDE) designation.
The 2024 ICUDE designations aim to offer credit union professionals a deeper insight into the international credit union system, presenting opportunities for ongoing involvement. Interested individuals must fulfill four essential criteria during their global credit union journey. The initial requirement involves graduating from their home country/regional CUDE program, which includes seven national or regional DE programs:
1. Africa DE, managed by the African Confederation of Co-operative Savings & Credit Associations (ACCOSCA).
2. Asia DE, overseen by the Association of Asian Confederation of Credit Unions (ACCU).
3. CanadaDE, conducted by the International Centre of Co-op Management (ICCM) at Saint Mary’s University.
4. Caribbean DE (CaribDE).
5. European DE (DEEU), coordinated by the Association of British Credit Unions, Ltd. (ABCUL).
6. Philippines DE, operated by VICTO National.
7. United States DE, managed by the National Credit Union Foundation.
Prior to applying for the ICUDE designation, candidates must also:
– Attain a DE designation from their home DE program.
– Complete at least one independent study project aligning with DE program learning objectives, submitting a report of no less than 500 words detailing the project.
– Earn a second DE designation through a program outside their home country/region.
– Attend a World Credit Union Conference or another significant credit union/co-op education and engagement event outside their home country/region.
Upon receiving applications, the national or regional CUDE program director will review and confirm their compliance with ICUDE requirements. Subsequently, the application will be forwarded to the Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions, whose staff will review, select, and notify those chosen for the ICUDE designation in collaboration with CUDE program directors.
The ICUDE Class of 2024 will be acknowledged at the 2024 World Credit Union Conference, co-hosted by the World Council of Credit Unions and America’s Credit Unions, scheduled for July 21-24 in Boston, USA.
Mike Reuter, Executive Director of WFCU, expressed enthusiasm, stating, “This is a tremendous opportunity for credit union development educators who want to take the next step into the international arena and engage with peers from around the world… We can’t wait to select the ICUDE Class of 2024 and introduce them to the world this summer.”
For more details on the 2024 ICUDE designation criteria and to access the application form, please visit [link]. All applications must be submitted by April 12, 2024.
The Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions, as a strategic partner of the World Council, addresses gaps affecting credit unions’ growth and advancement of financial inclusion globally. Their commitment aligns with the World Council’s vision of fostering a vibrant and expanding global credit union movement. The foundation’s philanthropy enhances World Council’s technical capacity to fortify credit union systems that promote financial inclusion in underserved communities.